Sunday, January 8, 2012

DAY # 28 Turtle Cookie Brownies

As you can tell from my previous two posts, I'm catching up again.  LOL  The kids when to stay with my parents for the weekend which i have to say was AWESOME!  You forget how nice it is to wake up when you want to, to shower when you want to, and to watch a movie with the surround sound cranked up without worrying about waking the kids.  We had a really nice weekend and now I'm left playing catchup on three days worth of blogs.  I've just popped the cork on a nice bottle of Riesling (I've acquired quite a taste for wine lately) and I'm going to share one of my FAVORITES with you!

Turtle Cookie Brownies

This concept came to me one day while searching around google.  Brownie on bottom, caramel middle, and chocolate chip cookie on the top, all baked in a mini cupcake pan.  After gathering all of the ingredients, i set to work, hoping that my creation would actually turn out how i had envisioned in my mind.  Here's what i started with...


(I usually use Tollhouse cookies, but decided to try these this time.  I will be going back to Tollhouse!)

I mixed the brownies according to the box.



I then generously sprayed my pan with Pam cooking spray (if you don't use enough spray, they will stick and fall apart before you ever even get them out of the pan) and placed a spoonful of brownie mix in each cup on the mini muffin pan.



Next, add a little dollop of the caramel sauce (included in the brownie box) in the middle of each brownie.



Now get out your "break and bake" cookies and divide each square into 3 small cookies.  You should have about half the package left when you are finished.  Place a tiny cookie on top of the caramel on top of each brownie.



Now bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes (this may vary slightly according to your oven but be careful not to over bake!)



Let cool completely before gently prying brownies from pan with a butter knife.

These are a huge hit with my entire family and i usually have to make a double or triple batch  :)

HERE is the pin.

???  Pinterest Win / Pinterest Fail  ???
You tell me?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment