Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DAY # 10 Easy Cheesy Hot Bean Dip

Ever get those cravings?  You know the ones!  You know you are wanting something warm and cheesy (but you don't really want to cook anything at 3 o'clock in the afternoon) and you try everything in the fridge before giving up and hunting down a recipe?  That was my afternoon!  LOL

I went hunting for an afternoon snack and couldn't find a single thing that sounded good.  I even bit into a chocolate bar and found that it didn't hit the spot.  So off I went to Pinterest to find something to satisfy my hunger.  I finally settled on Easy Cheesy Hot Bean Dip.  The problem was that i didn't have a can of refried beans or chili beans, all i had was a can of pinto beans.  So i drained them, dumped them on a plate, a mashed them with a fork.  Then i added some chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, onion powder, and a little salt.  I mixed it with a block of cream cheese and a can of drained Rotel (I didn't have an extra jar of salsa either so i made do  LOL).  I sprinkled the top with Habanero Jack Cheese and slid it into the oven.  While i waited i popped in my favorite movie, The Family Stone.  If you haven't seen it, you should, it's great!  So about 20 minutes later i pulled the dip out of the oven. It looked delicious, all hot and bubbly.  And i have to confess that it tasted pretty stinkin good!  My four year old even chowed down  :)

And thus began my perfect afternoon...





The Original Pin:

The Original Blog Post:



???  Pinterest Win / Pinterest Fail  ???
WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment