Friday, December 23, 2011

DAY # 12 Crack Potatoes

I'm sitting here watching the Jeff Dunham Christmas Special and I can't stop laughing so if at any point this post doesn't make sense, it's because i was just typing and laughing and not paying attention.  LOL

I saw a pin the other day called Crack Potatoes and after following the link and seeing the recipe, i knew i had to plan a meal around these potatoes.  So i settled on grilled pre-seasoned chicken thighs, fresh steamed broccoli, and the taters.  Luckily with the "Christmas Run" on all of the groceries in the store (people stock up on the weirdest things), I found ONE last bag of frozen hash browns after digging through the half stocked freezer.  Oh and YAY for getting to use my new baking dish again  :)


We halfed this recipe and we followed the recipe on this one except we added a little extra cheese and a little extra potatoes.  Here's the recipe....

2 containers (16oz) Sour Cream
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 (3oz) bags of real bacon bits
2 packages Ranch mix
1 large bag frozen hashbrown potatoes (shredded kind)

Combine first 4 ingredients then mix in the hashbrowns.  Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes (my oven took less time because it cooks a little hot).

I did read the reviews on the blog before trying the recipe and noticed that some people were complaining about them being too salty.  I also felt that they were a little too salty (but not so much that they weren't good), so next time i will probably just use half of the Ranch packet.


Original Pin:
http://pinterest.com/pin/6051780718963747/

Original Blog Post:
http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/01/crack-potatoes.html


???  Pinterest Win / Pinterest Fail  ???
I would say Win!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment